Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Migraines are awful

I look up this morning feeling groggy and yucky. That's to be expected with someone with bronchitis, right? I also felt the start of a migraine forming and started to think what else could go wrong?!?
Then I looked at the clock. I could see shapes - circles, lines, squares. But I could not make sense out of those shapes into any kind of numbers. Great, I thought just great. So I took my rescue medication just after I woke up, and discovered that I could also not read letters! Let me tell you that made it very fun to figure out which medicines were which.
I told Munchkin that I was going to need her help with Monkey today so I would need her to get her schoolwork done as quickly as possible.
Almost 10 hours later is when I realized I could start making sense of numbers and letters again as long as I concentrated hard. This was after taking almost a four hour nap after taking all of my rescue medications for a second time.
If you're wondering how I am writing this, my phone has a transcribe feature that I'm using that all I have to do is add punctuation. Makes a heck of a lot easier than finding the letters on little keyboard!
Right now the migraine is just sitting there throbbing and being annoying but it is not debilitating like it was this morning and this afternoon.

1 comment: