Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I hate being sick.

In September, my neurologist put me on prednisone to help with some rebound migraines I was having. Because of that and possibly service on the air conditioning unit in our apartment, I got bronchitis which lasted through the rest of September, all of October and part of November.

In December and January, I was coughing some but not very much and the mild winter also helped. But the last week of January I ended up coming down with bronchitis again! Now we are about halfway through March and I still have bronchitis. Last week I had an allergic reaction to the sulfa antibiotic my doctor put me on to make sure it wouldn't become pneumonia (I believe that was my fifth round of antibiotics. But since I had been going into the doctor almost weekly and having a fever they wanted to make sure it wasn't a bacterial infection). That reaction started last Thursday afternoon.
It's been seven days since I had the reaction and I still feel like I have poison ivy over most of my body. As well as my hands are too swollen to wear my wedding ring. I am on yet another taper dose of prednisone. If I remember correctly, this is my fourth since that one I started in September. I am also on two different inhalers to help clear up my chest, too.

After this chest cold from hell clears up, my doctor and my husband want me to get tested for adult onset asthma to make sure that my lung functions are okay after suffering this on and off for the last six months.

On top of having trouble breathing the past couple days I've had some world doozies of the migraine that just won't go away. And the kids aren't helping much I screeching and fighting and doing whatever they can to annoy me and make this migraine even worse.

Side note I used the speech to text function on my phone to write this entry. So if there are any homonyms or other little grammatical errors it's because Siri didn't correctly translate my words into text. But Siri usually does a fairly good job with this kind of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment