Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Bronchitis <i>STILL</i>

Two weeks ago I went to see my GP about my chest and getting tested for asthma. In March we were talking and he thinks it's a good idea that after my chest clears out that I get tested for asthma. Since my mother has adult on set asthma due to allergies, it is not a stretch that I could be at risk of getting it myself. I first had bronchitis in September,I suffered through October and November with it and I kind of felt better in December and most of January.
The last weekend of January I started feeling really bad again so I went back to my GP and he said that my lungs were congested again. In December of my lungs had sounded clear so I thought I was good to go. So February I was back on inhalers full-time, and I was put on antibiotics just to make sure that it wasn't a bacterial infection since it was a reoccurrence of bronchitis within six months and I have been running mid grade temperatures every time I came in to see him.
I believe it was mid-March when the congestion in my lungs actually had moved down to my lower chest which is when he put me on a salfa antibiotic (which put me in the ER with a severe reaction to it, that wasn't fun)
At the beginning of April I got diagnosed with a gluten intolerance and so I went to see him to talk about that and have him listen to my lungs cause I was starting to feel better. He told me that I needed to be off of all of my inhalers for about two weeks before we could do a asthma test or the asthma test would not be accurate. So I started to walk myself off of the bronchial dilator and the albuterol inhaler slowly. I had been down to about half dose on the bronchial dilator which was one puffs twice a day instead of two puffs twice a day when all of a sudden, two days ago I couldn't breath. It was the elephant on the chest feeling so I immediately took my albuterol inhaler and my next dose of the bronchodilator I want backup to two puffs. I went back to my GP doc yesterday because of it. He says that my long's sound really really raspy and my wheezing has increased again. He wants me to increase my goes back to full strength on my bronchodilator and keep my albuterol inhaler handy. He says not to worry about the asthma test until later in the summer, hoping that the congestion in my lungs will have cleared out by then.
So now my bronchitis is almost up to nine months and counting. I am really getting very frustrated with the pain in my chest because it hurts to breath. And the problems breathing isn't helping my migraines much either.

No comments:

Post a Comment