Thursday, May 10, 2012

*sigh*

It seems most of my posts are very depressing. Yes, it is mainly because I am using this to vent my feelings and frustrations. I am hoping if I vent them that they will not fester and then, MAYBE help me feel better.
My counselor has told me on several occasions that I remind her of a circus act. You know the one that puts plates on sticks and spins them? I am balancing so many different things and have to keep everything going just right or everything will come down around my ears in shambles.
The kids - their schooling, keeping the house clean, making sure they eat healthily. My health - my medicines are taken on time, refilled and organized so I don't forget to take one. (and they are numerous! If I miss a dose by an hour on certain meds, it can trigger migraines or other bad side effects about as serous and painful as migraines!)
My stress levels are too high (one of my major migraine triggers). And I really can't do much exercise until my lungs clear out, but I am willing to bet that as soon as I get started, it will help some! With Teh_Bagder out of the house so much until the 2nd week of June, it doesn't help. But, after that, he gets his BSc (thus finishing the need to do school and work at the same time!). Summer, he will just work at his current job, but mid August he starts Grad School AND a GTA position so his only job will be school until he gets his PhD. We are ALL excited about this, because it means he should have most-if not all- weekends free and should have more dinners at home.
A month into my gluten intolerance diagnose, I am not seeing much positive difference yet in my migraines or my other emotional difficulties yet. My guts (IBS, GERD) are feeling better after the 5 weeks it has been since I went gluten free. Yes, there has been 3 or 4 occasions I have accidentally eaten wheat and it HURT for a day or two.
We did talk to our kids pediatrician about my gluten intolerance diagnosis, and that we wanted to test all three kids, because they all have symptoms that *could* indicate gluten intolerance. We finally got them to Children's Hospital yesterday to have their blood drawn. Poor, brave Mr. Monkey had to be stuck 3 times, and we are all hoping that it was enough blood to run the tests. Munchkin and Buddy got their stick and it was enough to fill all three vials. We should know next week if they have it.
One of my elder brothers is going to have the test done on himself, too, because he has some issues that are funky that could be related to gluten intolerance, too. He said we should call our other brother and suggest he get it done as well if my kids or he comes back positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment